Have too many products on your Shopify store? Not sure how to organize them? Check out this blog post for some tips and tricks.
Checkout this video:
Products are the foundation of your Shopify store—they’re what you sell, and what your customers buy. But with so many options for organizing products, it can be difficult to know where to start.
The key to a well-organized store is understanding how your products fit together, and then setting up your collections and tags accordingly. In this guide, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know about organizing products on Shopify, so you can create a store that’s easy for both you and your customers to use.
– How to figure out the best way to organize your products
– How to set up collections and product tags
– Best practices for organizing products on Shopify
Why Organization Matters
Organizing your products on Shopify is important for two reasons:
1. It helps your customers find the products they’re looking for.
2. It makes it easier for you to keep track of your inventory and manage your business.
A well-organized shop is a successful shop! Here are some tips for organizing your products on Shopify:
1. Use collections to group similar products together. For example, you could create collections for men’s clothing, women’s clothing, children’s clothing, etc.
2. Use product tags to describe the products in each collection. This will help customers find the right product when they search your store.
3. Keep track of your inventory with a product tracking system. This will help you know when it’s time to reorder products and keep track of which products are selling well.
How to Organize Your Products
Shopify is a great platform for selling products online, but one thing you need to pay attention to is organization. You need to make sure your products are properly categorized and tagged so that your customers can easily find what they’re looking for. In this article, we’ll give you some tips on how to best organize your products on Shopify.
Arrange Your Products by Type
You can start by grouping all of your products by type. For example, if you sell clothes, you might want to create a category for each type of clothing item, such as tops, bottoms, dresses, outerwear, and so on. You can also group products by their use or occasion, such as workwear, party wear, and so on.
Once you’ve decided how to group your products, you can create separate collections for each group. To do this, go to the Products page in your Shopify admin and click the Collections tab. Then click the Add collection button.
In the Add collection dialog, enter a name and description for your collection. Then click the Save button.
Now that you’ve created a collection, you can add products to it. To do this:
1)Go to the Products page in your Shopify admin and click on a product that you want to add to a collection.
2)In the Collections section of the product page, select the collections that you want to add the product to from the Available collections drop-down menu.
Arrange Your Products by Collection
Arranging your products by collection is a great way to keep your store organized and easy to navigate. By creating collections for different types of products, you can help your customers find what they’re looking for more easily. For example, you could create a collection for men’s clothing, women’s clothing, children’s clothing, etc.
To create a collection:
1. From your Shopify admin, go to Products > Collections.
2. Click Add collection.
3. Enter a name and description for your collection.
4. Choose whether you want your collection to be visible on your online store or not. If you don’t want it to be visible, then you can uncheck the box next to Visible on the website?
5. Click Save collection.
After you’ve created your collections, you can start adding products to them. To do this:
1. From your Shopify admin, go to Products > All products.
2. Select the checkbox next to the product or products that you want to add to a collection, then click More actions > Add to collection.
3. In the Add to collection dialog, select the collections that you want to add the product or products to, then click AddProducts .
Arrange Your Products by Brand
One way to keep your products organized is to arrange them by brand. This can be particularly helpful if you sell products from multiple brands or if you have a lot of products from one particular brand.
To arrange your products by brand:
1. From your Shopify admin, go to Products.
2. Click the Sort button.
3. In the Sort by drop-down menu, select Brand.
Your products will now be sorted by brand in alphabetical order. You can change the sort order by clicking the Sort button again and selecting Ascending or Descending in the Sort by drop-down menu.
We hope this guide has given you some helpful tips on how to organize your products on Shopify. If you have any questions or need help getting started, please contact our support team.